Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wait and see



Did I ever tell you of the time that I brought Ana to the ER in the middle of the night?
Oh.
No?
Well, it wasn't a mosquito bite, Dr. Substitute.
This is what Ana looked like earlier in the day. When Brad woke her up to give her benadryl, her eye had swollen completely shut. Completely.

I called the on-call pediatrician, who told me to take Ana to the ER. She said they might admit her for IV antibiotics. Admit her? Really? Hmm...

I don't mess around with the eye.
I mean, I'm a photographer AND I've had a serious eye injury, so this is just one of those things I won't wait and see on...

I packed up my happy, chatty little girl ("It is very dark outside. Keira is sleeping. It is dark outside...") and brought her to the ER at 3am. Ana was happy with holding Brad's iPod and watching a movie.

We didn't wait too long before we got the diagnosis (periorbital collitis er something... I'm just a photographer, don't ask me for more info) and a prescription for pretty strong antibiotics.

It was our first ER visit for the girls.
Our first.
I hope that any future ER visits are as uneventful.
*shudder*
... but we'll wait and see.

No comments: