|Diane, Stacia, Billy. Diane looks... concerned.|
This is what I know about my sister Diane:
- It is her birthday today. This is her present. Yeah, not so good to be my sister this year, huh? Don't worry...Christmas is going to rock. I bust arse on that. Usually. Sometimes.
- She bugs me a lot about updating my blog. (Your birthday wish has come true, Didi.)
- I call her Didi.
- She was not impressed when I came into this world when she was 5 1/2 years old. In fact, even when I was older I would bug my mom into FORCING HER to take me to the mall. She hated it.
|Diane, Stacia and wee little me|
- She talked me into keeping her smelly guinea-pig in my room when I was 6.
- Didi and I started spending most of our time together when she hit college, where she: tried to get me electrocuted and mauled by giant rabbits in one go; introduced me to crappy college beer; taught me how to drive a standard; brought me to bars; let me march in her place with the Rice Mob. Good times.
- She has an infectious laugh. If she really gets going, she stops breathing all together and turns bright red.
- She also turns red if you poke at her or pretend to poke at her. She hates this. I would not recommend it.
- Didi can beat teen-age boys (and anyone else) in Wii boxing. While intoxicated.
- She once brewed her own beer. It is still the only beer I truly enjoyed in my life.
- She makes magnificent braided bread and can cook the pants off of anyone I know.
- Left to her own devices, she will eat only carbs to sustain herself. And mustard.
- Didi always seems to own crazy, tiny dogs that obsess over her.
- Her house is impeccably decorated. She inherited this from my mom. I did not.
- She is Auntie to 2 sets of twins and one very crafty, funny college boy.
- She has embraced being the "funny" Auntie that fills them with sugar and makes "snowman poopy" jokes. It's a hit.
- Her favorite joke starts, "Why don't sharks walk on land?..."
- Her most annoying habit is eating popcorn... each piece of popcorn... in multiple, open mouthed, teethy, crunchy, annoying effing bites. She loves popcorn. She'll eat a bucket in a theater... just to bug me.
- She likes to bug me.
- She has more degrees than I can count... even from ivy-league universities. It's impressive.
- I never tell her I love her enough.
- I love her.
|(Both of my sisters - Diane and Stacia)|
Happy Birthday, Didi!