Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 : Bigger on the inside

Oh, 2011... you were a blur.
People have told me that time will fly as the girls get older.  They weren't kidding!

On the girl's birthday in September, I blinked... and then I woke up and it was 2012.
I swear to you.  It has been a complete blur of giggles, glitter and activity since the beginning of Fall. 
If I were a Dr. Who companion, this would all make sense... right?

The only thing I have to show for this year is the photos... and my lack of blogging is so painfully highlighted right now.

Here we go!


We started the year with an epic camping trip to Enchanted Rock.  It was below freezing and raining... our tent leaked and we made Ana go to the bathroom outside the tent in the rain in the middle of the night.  It was not our finest parenting moment but it was memorable... and it also showed us that Ana is a trooper!
We went on so many trips to the zoo and Moody Gardens.  Memberships are a great thing!
Brad always leads our adventures.  The girls ADORE him!


 We took the girls skiing for the first time in March!  They did a fantastic job!  What a great family trip.  I can't wait to go again!

 While in New Mexico for our skiing adventure, we stopped to see my parents.  We did a quick hike to the top of the Petroglyphs...a feat that took the girls mere moments, since they are so unbelievably used to hiking and the great outdoors.
What year would be complete without 8 million birthday parties at bounce houses?

Brad and I both had memorable years on the job.  I need to work on getting pictures of him on the job in the symphony!  Here is a picture of Walt Cunningham, astronaut from Apollo 7.  Who doesn't have Apollo astronauts drop by their office for a chat?  It is an odd and interesting job.  I get to meet amazing people... and some of those people are legendary!


The girls turned 5 in September.  I remember water, cake and squealing.  I'm glad I blogged about the party... what a blur!

This year we said good-bye to the Shuttle Program.  It was a difficult time for me.  Here is Keira in front of the Shuttle vertical trainer before it was dismantled.

The girls and I turned into super heroes on Halloween.
Here are the girls speaking to Santa.  They were telling him about Barbies... they forgot to tell him what they wanted!  (A cute side note: Santa pictured above is JSC Center Director Mike Coats... what a sport!)
Keira and Ana - Mothers of Multiples Party

I hope that your year was as full and as adventurous as ours.  I'm looking forward to another blurry year packed with fun, squealing, snuggles and adventures with my family.

Just like the Tardis, 2011 was bigger on the inside.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

You inspire me to do more with my kids -- hiking, camping, Moody Gardens membership ... all on my agenda for this year ... Thanks for being such a great mom-role-model!

the mama bird diaries said...

What gorgeous girls!