Monday, May 26, 2008

Groundhog Day

"The same things every day slowly kill us off." - Ernst Bloch, The Principle of Hope (1959)

I've waved the white flag and called for help. I can't keep up the pace of a full-time job, twin girls and working on my photo project... along with getting sick every 2 weeks, tending to sick girls and countless house/kitty projects. I waved the white flag to The Hubby with the hope of some relief.
"I'm in GroundHog day", I explained.
Every day is the same. I wake up, girls, work, girls, clean, eat, bed. If I'm lucky, I work on my massive life-time achievement photo project, extra projects around the house or get to read 2 pages of a book before I collapse.
My Hero came to my rescue. He has taken over cooking for the short term... and the towels, sheets and whatever else needs attention. I just need a short term relief from the routine in order to FINALLY build my health back to a reasonable level (ever since the pneumonia, I'm just walking a thin line of health).
The Hubby has been making dinner... not just spagetti or the easy way out... He has made an asian dish with coconut milk, a beef stir fry with oranges and pineapple and is on his way to culinary awards.

So, that brings me to today. The girls are down for a late, late nap. The Hubby is working next to me and I'm about to catalog and process more photos.
I can't wait to see what is for dinner.

No comments: