Thursday, June 5, 2008

National Treasure

The Hubby and I have discussed how much the girls have changed. We are making a desparate effort to remember and document every moment of the girl's lives. Our motivation stems from absolute love of each child and the knowledge that these are our last children. We got one shot at parenthood. No Learning-From-The-First-Child wisdom, No Appreciate-The-Little-Moments of the treasured second child. None of those "Have One Child at a Time" parenting techniques.
My boss has a saying. (My boss has many sayings, but most are not appropriate for this blog)
Anyways, my boss says that those who don't try for a second child after their first are cowards. Today he gave me a "pass" on this rule and explained that we're doing everything "all at once". (When I told him we were having twins, he threw his head back and cackled "Instant Family!". It was only funny until he realized that he was going to have to do my job until I was back from maternity leave...).
Where was I?
Oh, yes. Treasure the moments.
I'm going to try to make sure that I post each child's favorites and least favorite anythings often. Not so much for you, Constant Reader. No. Not so much.
I hope that this record, this journal, will be their treasured babybook.
It is true, it seems. All that I do is for my girls. They are my everything.
And I treasure it.

No comments: